Tuesday 10 January 2017

Freedom


It starts small, but start it did;
Sometimes with no reason or rhyme.
The clock’s ticking, though it always had
Perhaps now it’s just running out of time.

It does nothing at first, neither move nor mind
The wait it’s expected to keep.
“I’m happy!” it said “for one day I’ll be free
to take that giant leap.”

The time has come, and it spreads its wings
Taking flight into the unknown.
Merrily it flitters here and there;
Soon it’ll reach the bone.

It took a momentary glance at what he left behind
To strike an air of doubt.
The slight breeze became a storm of guilt
“Is this all my life is about?”

He tugged and tugged but the sails would not listen
“This is who you are.” They replied.
Is this freedom at all- to be yourself
For the end had come, and he cried.

If this is freedom lord, you make me a slave.
I know not what I do.
Instead give me the freedom to not be myself,
And be like Jesus.. yes, just like you.

No comments:

Post a Comment